Tuesday, September 21, 2010

The Big H

Today was my girl's 4th birthday. We do birthdays up pretty serious here in the Cuevas house. It's more like a birthMONTH than a birthDAY. Anyway even though Heather did have an official birthday party where she received tons of lovin and lots of presents today being her official day we celebrated. At her request we had lunch at her favorite Diner (such a Long Island girl) with Aunt Gen who then took her to the store to buy her the new Tinkerbell movie. Dylan was secretly excited about us having the Tinkerbell movie too as he is a closet Tinkerbell fan. We gave her a pink scooter that she wanted and she is looking forward to racing Dylan in our driveway. We sang Happy Birthday with my Dad, Gen, Roe and Jackie (and of course Ron & Dyl).

Every single thing that Heather does amazes me. I didn't mind the sleepless nights when she was first born. I cried when she crawled and walked. I laugh when she dances. Heather is a take charge kind of gal. She can walk into a room of complete strangers and have everyone wrapped around her finger in 10 minutes. I've been calling her Queen Latifah lately as she refers to her friends as "her sistas"..does not matter if they are boys or girls, young or old...still they remain "her sistas". She is very protective of her family, especially of Dylan. She is able to look at our life as 100% normal, something I don't think even Ron and I can do sometimes. This is what she has known from day 1and it is shaping her into the amazing little being I know she is and will continue to be.

When we were on Dylan's Make A Wish Trip, someone referred to Dylan as "Big D" and in return Heather told that person that if Dylan was "Big D" that she was "The Big H". She will never be outdone....

So many of you who might be reading this blog probably know that we are big Yankee fans around here. When Dylan was really small we would kid around and refer our birthday year to the number of a NY Yankee. For example when Dylan was 3 it was his Babe Ruth Birthday, when I was 36 it was my David Cone birthday, when Heather was 2 it was her Derek Jeter Birthday...get the picture. Anyway, Dylan loves the number 4 (his birthday) and he admires Lou Gehrig. He is always talking to us about how Lou Gehrig had a disease similar to him and yet he was a real NY Yankee. This being Heather's 4th Birthday, Dylan could not wait to wish "The Big H" a Happy Lou Gehrig Birthday. After he did, Heather replied...Dylan you are silly like Mommy. She is so right. Dylan and I had a good laugh.

God bless my sweet baby angel girl who I hope continues to be loving, strong minded, sassy and has 100 more birthdays. Hmmm not sure which Yankee wore that number ;-)


No comments:

Post a Comment