Sunday, March 6, 2011

3rd birthdays should not have to be celebrated in Heaven

I love birthdays. I treat everyone's birthday in my family like a National Holiday. I don't mind getting older. I have already told Ron he should be making plans for my big 4-0 even though I do still have a few yrs left in my 30s. I feel every year I have on this Earth is a gift and I try to make the most of every single day. My kids birthdays are usually over the top with parties, presents and sometimes special trips to places like Disney, American Girl, and even a World Series. Tomorrow, March 7th, is Owen Shuler's 3rd birthday. But Owen will not be celebrating his birthday with his amazing Mom and Dad and all of his family and friends. He will be celebrating his birthday up in heaven hopefully with some other SMA Angels and I hope with my Mom, one of the ultimate SMA Grandmas to grace this precious Earth. I have been inspired by Owen's family from the moment I met them and I continue to be inspired by them today. Dorothy, Owen's Mom, has a heart like no one I have ever met. No, I am serious, this is one AMAZING Mom and an even more amazing family. And when they get together I know there is going to be some serious SMA Butt Kicking going on.

Owen, you touched so many lives in your short time here. You have inspired so many to fight for an end to SMA and to help those in their everyday battle with this disease. Happy 3rd Birthday in Heaven. I wish you were here so I could give you a big hug and your first Carmelo Anthony Jersey. Hopefully someone in Heaven got you that as a present.

If your kids are healthy and you read this blog have some extra patience with them today in honor of Owen and give them an extra kiss because you are blessed to have them.

No comments:

Post a Comment