Tuesday, June 12, 2012

All The Right Moves....

We have been at our usual busy state here at the Cuevas House. We are eagerly awaiting to wrap up another school year. In the past few weeks we have had Dylan's Basketball dinner, The Empire State Games for the Physically Challenged, Heather's school carnival, Dylan's Field Day, Heather's Field Day, Miracle League, Girl Scouts, and Heather's Recital just to name a few things. All of these things plus being pregnant equals a very tired Mom. Although I will say the exhaustion is definitely worth it to see how happy these activities make the kids.

On Memorial Day weekend we took the kids to Fleet Week in Manhattan. Fleet Week is a really fun time to be in NYC. Of course when I was younger and single it was all about those men in uniform. Now for my old, fat, pregnant self and my kids it is all about the ships. All of the military staff could not have been more helpful. They all went out of their way to make sure we saw everything we wanted and took a lot of time explaining things to Dylan and Heather.

About two and a half weeks ago I started to feel little Mr. Cuevas moving. It is funny because when you first find out you are pregnant you really feel and know that you are pregnant. Your body is going through a multitude of changes and it is obvious there is something different going on. Then there is what I call the silent stage. It is when the morning sickness fades, your body starts to adjust to bigger boobs and a bigger belly and you start to feel relatively normal again. It is a time I actually hate because I almost feel not like I am pregnant at all. Then my mind wanders that something is wrong and I stress and worry until that blessed day when I feel the baby move for the first time. I remember when I felt Dylan move for the first time we were at a wedding. Dylan's moves were delicate which I now realize was due to the SMA. I first felt Heather move when Ron and I were out to dinner. Heather moved around so fast and fierce that she used to throw off my balance. Not much has changed since she was born.

I was more than anxious to feel this baby move. One day I was laying down watching TV and it happened. I felt little Mr. Cuevas move for the first time. Such relief and so much happiness. He is a mover and a shaker too. Yesterday we went for my 20 week sonogram. It was a blast to watch the little guy moving all over the screen. The tech actually had a hard time taking some of the pictures because he wouldn't stay still. I could tell she was getting a little frustrated but Ron and I stared at the screen laughing, thrilled to see our little guy moving like crazy all over the place.

Dylan and Heather are getting more excited as my belly gets bigger and bigger. We had them help pick out some things they would like for their new brother although I did have to tell Heather that a baby boy may not appreciate all things in pink sparkly form. We still have not picked a name for our little guy. Dylan likes Anthony and Austin. Heather likes Nicholas and Sebastian. I am truly enjoying all of the plans they are making for their little brother's arrival.










Little Mr. Cuevas

No comments:

Post a Comment